The Contender Asia is a reality-based television series that follows 16 aspiring Muay Thai middleweight fighters from 14 countries as they compete in a series of outdoor challenges and sanctioned matches. The series is a deviation from the original Contender series, which involved boxing.
The winner will receive US$250,000. The program is hosted by former Muay Thai World Champion Stephen Fox (who also serves as the show's trainer) and Jaymee Ong.
The fighters were divided into two groups: Blue Team and Red Team. Fox selected the team captains based on their fight records and characters. The leaders then chose their teammates in a "school yard pick". Blue Team and Red Team were given the names "Wild Boars" and "Tiger Kings" respectively, based on legendary Muay Thai fighters.
Wild Boars (Blue Team)
- Rafik Bakkouri (France) - Leader
- Naruepol (Thailand)
- Bruce "The Preacher" Macfie (Australia)
- David Pacquette (England)
- Alain Sylvestre (Canada)
- Zidov "Akuma" Dominik (Croatia)
- "Yukay" Joakim Karisson (Sweden)
- Sean Wright (Scotland)
Tiger Kings (Red Team)
- John Wayne Parr (Australia) - Leader
- Yodsanklai "The Hero" (Thailand)
- Soren Mongkontong (Australia)
- Jose "Pitu" Sans (Spain)
- Dzabhar Askerov (Russia)
- James Martinez (United States of America)
- Kim Khan Zaki "Zig Zach" (Singapore)
- Trevor "TNT" Smandych (Canada)